Announcements & Latest News

November Update

posted in: Uncategorized | 0

Hi Eastshore!

We have a little over 2 months under our belt already. Yikes! Where does time go?

The Pledge and Membership Drive was a huge success. Thank you to Yoko Sakagami and Iris Spear! Eastshore PTA raised the $25,000 we had budgeted at the end of the last school year! Thank you to everyone who contributed to this drive! Your support is crucial to the PTA’s success and involvement at Eastshore.

The Harvest Cup on October 20th was a fun and successful event and we congratulate all of our wonderful soccer players for giving it their all!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately, Harvest Cup ended up being on the same night as our International Night, so while we had some students and parents at the Great Park cheering on soccer players, we also had families enjoying international food, mingling with other families, and cheering on our “red carpet” celebrities. Thank you Jamilah Nahas for being our chair for this tradition! Hopefully everyone got something out of this busy evening! I know I enjoyed the excitement at the soccer field and was glad to see all of the children at school dressed up in their traditional costumes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On November 27th, the PTA hosted a small Reflections Art Show in the MPR. We want to thank all the young artists and their families for their participation! Out of 30 entries received at Eastshore, 7 entries have advanced to the Irvine Unified Council PTA for the next round of judging. The artists of those 7 entries are: Aanya Mody, Madeleine Chang, Olivia Nelson, Aashay Mody, Ava Diaz, Jesse Ie, and Rachel Rubin.

 

We hope everyone enjoyed the Pancake Breakfast hosted by the Eastshore PTA. Thank you very much to Heather and Mike Amundson for coordinating yet another amazing breakfast. And thank you to all the dads and Eastshore staff members who volunteered for this fabulous event!

The first student assembly of this school year took place on Monday, 11/6. Ask your child about their experience! The PTA arranged for PowerHouse to inspire the students with some fun and fast music, movement and power.

Thank you for reading!

Klara

President, Eastshore PTA

 

 

End-of-September PTA Update

posted in: Uncategorized | 0

Hello Eastshore!

Yikes, one month has already passed since school started! The Eastshore PTA has been very busy and I hope that most of you were able to enjoy the Back to School Coffee, as well as the Back to School Family Event. We also welcomed some new faces to our General Meeting and are excited to keep the enthusiasm going as the year goes on!!

Here are some important PTA reminders:
– The last week of our Fall Pledge & Membership Drive is underway!! The PTA funds activities and programs that benefit EVERY student at Eastshore so our goal is 100% participation! With just about 40% of all of our students’ families contributing, we have raised $20,000. Every amount counts!! Imagine what we can achieve with the rest of the 60% pitching in?
Please donate at www.eastshorepta.com/shop!!

– All 5th and 6th graders are invited to try out for Eastshore’s Harvest Cup soccer team. Register at http://www.irvineyouthsports.org/soccer/ by September 29th to be included in the try-out information!

Reflections Art Contest is underway! Be sure to visit https://eastshorepta.com/reflections/ to view the rules, print a student entry form, and sign up for a drop-off time.

Box Tops are being collected and we can’t wait to see which classroom will be the winner! 

General PTA Meeting is scheduled for 10-5-17 at 6:30 pm in the MPR. Join us!!

More to come soon!! Here are a couple of pictures from our fabulous Back to School Family Event on 9-15-17:

 

Welcome!

posted in: Uncategorized | 0

Welcome to Eastshore PTA’s new website! And welcome to another fabulous school year!!

 

We invite you to browse our site and learn more about our PTA!

 

The best things you can do to support your child’s school are:

  1. Stay informed.
  2. Volunteer your time.
  3. Financially support the PTA.

 

Staying informed is easy now!!

  • Check out the Events page for up-to-date information regarding events the PTA has organized for parents and children.
  • Looking for ways to help out? Fill out a form on the “Volunteers” page!
  • Hard copy PTA flyers from school getting lost in your child’s backpack? No worries! We have copies posted on our site!
  • Wanting to donate, buy a membership or get some awesome spiritwear? All can be accomplished on this site!

 

We look forward to greeting you at our Welcome Back Coffee on 8/24 at 8:15 am in Eastshore’s MPR!!

 

Eastshore PTA

Klara Saunders, President

Upcoming Events

  1. Yearbook Cover Art Contest

    November 17 - December 22
  2. General Asssociation PTA Meeting

    December 7 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
  3. Talent Show Screening

    December 8
  4. Eastshore Dines Out (Location TBA)

    January 10, 2018