Welcome back Eastshore families and welcome “New” Eastshore families! We are excited to extend to you an invitation to support & join our school’s PTA.
The purpose of the Eastshore Elementary PTA is to enhance your child’s education by funding programs and services not supported by Irvine Unified School District (IUSD) or Irvine Public School Foundation (IPSF).
In preparation for the 2019-20 school year the Eastshore Elementary PTA will continue to replace ongoing fundraising activities (i.e. gift wrap, etc.) with our Fall “Pledge & Membership Drive” and our Spring “Jog-A-Thon”.
Why a Pledge Drive vs. Fundraising?
- Increased Financial Return – Eastshore PTA receives 100% of every dollar donated.
- Less Pressure – Puts an end to constant fundraising, allowing you to make a school direct donation.
- Better Use of Resources – Allows PTA volunteer’s to concentrate on developing valuable enrichment programs to increase our children’s educational experience.
- Tax Benefits – All donations are tax deductable as Eastshore Elementary’s PTA is a non-profit organization.
- Company Match for Charitable Contributions – Before you make your donation, check with your employer about a matching gift program. If your employer has such a program, all you need to do is request a matching gift form, fill it out and send it in (some are online and super simple to process). Then notify the PTA Pledge Chair when to expect the matching gift from your company.
How do I Pledge?
- When: Starting today through Friday, September 27th; but of course, we will accept donations anytime of the year.
- Amount: We have 3 packages to choose from – Gold Package ($300), Silver Package ($200), Dolphin Package ($100) and Name Your Own Donation Package.
- How: Using our simple online credit/debit card payment website, or by check or cash.
- Complete Envelope & Donation Form: Return your pledge/membership envelope and the enclosed donation form by September 30th (whether you donate online, by check or cash, please turn in your envelope for tracking purposes).
“All donations of any amount are greatly appreciated!”
Why should I become a member of our school PTA?
- Have a “Voice”. Supporting the PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest new ideas.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school, meet other parents, your school staff and build relationships while supporting our school, especially through volunteering.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved with your school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Enjoy Membership Perks. PTA members can take advantage of local discounts at amusement parks and aquariums which you receive once you become PTA member.
- Provide Support & Enrichment. PTA volunteers concentrate on developing the valuable enrichment programs for students and our school community as well as additional financial for materials/technology.
- Special Student Assemblies
- Lunchtime Activities (2x/wk)
- Reflections Art Contest
- Family Fun Nights
- School Carnival
- Talent Show
- Pancake Breakfast
- Instructional Materials
- Technology Equipment
“We couldn’t have done it without your generous contributions!”
We are excited about our upcoming school year and your participation in Eastshore Elementary’s PTA. Let’s show our kids how much we care about the quality of our Eastshore Elementary community!
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you for your generous support!
Eastshore PTA, V.P. Membership & Pledge Chair
Eastshore PTA, President